Listed are a few chores that can be done in the September flower garden.
1) Discontinue deadheading annuals if you want them to reseed.
2) Cut back perennials if they are done blooming except those that provide winter food for wildlife.
3) Discontinue fertilizing plants.
4) Plant spring bulbs in late September.
5) Weed garden and rake up debris.
6) Cut injured or deceased parts of perennials off.
7) Discontinue deadheading perennials that provide winter food for birds.
8) Dig and divide daylilies and hostas.
9) Dig out any bulbs that are not winter hardy.
10) Look at your garden and make notes of wishful improvements.